Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT)
Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT) offered by STORZ MEDICAL provides a new non-invasive procedure for i.e. relaxation of muscle spasms. The powerful therapy device – the MAGNETOLITH® – is impressive with its high level of patient comfort and ease of use.
EMTT acts using high-energy electromagnetic pulses outside the body which generate a weak electric current in the body by means of induction. EMTT differs from other general forms of magnetic field therapy or PEMF in its higher oscillation frequency and magnetic field strength.
At a glance
- Non-invasive, ambulant therapy
- High level of patient comfort and easy to use
High oscillating frequency with deep penetration
Treatment example: Dynamic treatment of the thigh / Treatment example: Static treatment of the calf muscle with holding arm
EMTT treatment using the MAGNETOLITH®
Treatment with the MAGNETOLITH® is non-invasive and requires little effort. It is comfortable and uncomplicated for patients: The applicator is positioned directly above the region of the body to be treated without the need to remove clothing. The user can employ the practical holding arm for fatigue-free treatment. If required, the applicator can also be guided by hand during the therapy.
The EMTT treatment is performed with a frequency of up to 10 pulses per second. The pulse intensity is adjusted depending on the clinical picture. Treatment takes 5 – 20 minutes depending on the indication and frequency.
Treatment with MAGNETOLITH® is comfortable and straightforward:
- The patient does not have to undress
- Effective fatigue-free work for the user
- Applicator positioning by hand or with the flexible holding arm
- A treatment session lasts between 5 – 20 minutes depending on the indication
- Adjustable frequency up to 10 pulses/s
Intuitive operation thanks to clear touch display / Applicator for ease of use
- High-frequency magnetic field (100 – 300 kHz)
- Continuous and reliable operation by water-cooled applicator
- Click & Connect mechanism for a flexible applicator positioning
- Simple plug in & plug out to change applicator
- Integrated touch display to adjust energy level, frequency and pulse rate
The MAGNETOLITH® Muscle Stimulator is indicated for:
- Relaxation of muscle spasms
- Prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy
- Increase local blood circulation
- Muscle re-education
- Immediate port-surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion